Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Time for plants

Last week Randy and I added some plants to our collection.  We have a tomato plant and a hanging basket.  I took a greenhouse class and I was able to get thirty dollars of plants for free for all the work I did in the lab.  We also got Randy's mom a planter.  I really enjoyed the greenhouse class.  It is fun for Randy and I to have our first small garden together.  Last year I tried to grow some radishes before we got married but they didn't produce any radishes.  Maybe we had some Fraggles that stole the radish and left the leaves.
Another exciting thing that I love about plants is that all of the trees and flowers are starting to blossom.  Yesterday I saw one of my favorite flowers on the Utah State Campus.  It is called Salsify(Goat's bear).  It is fun that it opens and closes depending on the time of day.  It closes up in the afternoon.  There is a chestnut tree near Randy and I's apartment and it is in bloom and it is pretty.  Enjoy all the beauty that is around you.
Have a wonderful day.

1 comment: